Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why I Started this Blog

How much is your wife worth?
Or maybe a better question is, when your wife is with you how much does she feel like she is worth?
Is she treated as valuably as she really is, or even as valuably as she is to you?
I like asking myself, "Lucas, how valuable do the women in your life feel?"
I'm grateful for wonderful women in my life that have taught me the beauty and the sacredness of womanhood. I'm grateful for the examples of the Prophets and Apostles and both my mission presidents, President Ludwig and President Lindahl and the love they showed to their wives.
In what I share, I hope you get a better understanding of how beautiful and sacred womanhood is, and the priveledge we have to interact with daughters of God on a daily basis. As your understanding of woman improves, so will your relationships with women.
That has been true in my life, and that's why I'm writing this blog, "Jacob loved Rachel" to share what I've noticed about women and how we as men can treat them with the reverence and respect that they deserve. I'm not married yet, but I will be, and I've been sincerely preparing for marriage for the past 21 years. I grew up with a mom and 5 sisters. With that many sisters, I've seen how a lot of boyfriends treated my sisters, and how my sisters found husbands who treat them like queens, and how they now are building successful relationships and families. I have also personally experienced powerfully negative experiences from when fathers and husbands don't appreciate and value the fragile beauty of womanhood. And it isn't pretty.
Now many of you may already be married, or may be a long ways away from it, but wherever you are in the marriage stage what I share can help you improve your relationships with women.
I hope that as you read this blog you can pull out the principles I'm learning and that it will help you in your relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment